Bluthner Pianos | Ben Wheeler Pianos

Bluthner

-- By Ben Wheeler

In 1853, Julius Bluthner established the identity and performance of the Bluthner instrument. In a tribute to Dr Rudolf Bluthner-Haessler, one of the great visionaries of the Bluthner family, the distinct voice of the Haessler piano was also created. The Bluthner company is still owned by the family with Bluthner and Haessler pianos being manufactured side by side in their Leipzig piano factory.

It is a rare thing when a manufacturer possesses the skill to render two different voices with virtuosity. This is what Bluthner has achieved in creating the Haessler pianos designed and built in the famous Bluthner factory in Leipzig. Haessler pianos were developed in tribute to Dr Rudolf Bluthner-Haessler, one of the great visionaries of the Bluthner family, and share a quality of construction long associated with this famous piano maker.