by Ben Wheeler
Julius Bluthner established his piano workshop in Leipzig in 1853. By 1900 Bluthner had become the largest piano maker in Germany producing some 5000 instruments annually. The company is still owned by the Bluthner family today with the factory still located in Leipzig. The Bluthner family take great pride in their piano manufacturing heritage and retain a passion for producing fine quality pianos with the Golden Tone long associated with their famous instruments.